[techtalk] Re: HTML Resources

Shelly L. Hokanson guppy3 at home.com
Sat Oct 23 18:44:34 EST 1999

hello =)

one book i enjoyed (after being pretty familiar with basic HTML) was "Designing Web
Graphics 3" by Lynda Weinman. on amazon.com the book gets mixed reviews, but i had seen
it in a store and purchased it anyway, and was very impressed by it. i too have a good
grasp of the basics, as well as some generic javascript programming and stuff like that,
but my creative side was (is) lacking. this book does a good job of teaching the
concepts of graphics and web page layout to the non-super-creative types. the author is
a mac person, but the book is basically written with both mac and pc instructions for
all the major graphics progs (sorry, no gimp, no linux). it covers things like color
aesthetics, dhtml, cascading style sheets, flash, shockwave, png's, javascript, graphic
design, and all the major progs like photoshop, dreamweaver, fireworks, stuff like that.
good info on using unbordered tables for page layout. i think the book retails for about
$55 but i've seen it cheaper than that.

(i sound like a commercial for this book! i just really enjoyed reading it!)

good luck,

shelly