[techtalk] HTML resources

Steve Kudlak chromexa at ovis.net
Sat Oct 23 15:49:08 EST 1999

Ingrid Schupbach wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am hoping some of you out there could suggest some websites and/or books
> on HTML.  I have a good grasp of html basics - I've already designed
> several simple web pages.  But now I want to learn what fancier options
> there are for spiffing up a web page other than using <blink>. ;)
>
> Can anyone recommend some good intermediate to advanced HTML resources?
> Also, should I just bite the bullet and learn about XTML?
>
> Ingrid
>
> ************
> techtalk at linuxchix.org   http://www.linuxchix.org

Well I have the O'Reilly book: HTML ---- The Definitive Guide by Chuck
Musciano and Bill Kennedy. Now I learned from the old CERN guide some years
ago, and used a friend's page. But I use this as a reference book, and it
seems pretty through. Haven't checked out the web sites people mentioned to
compare things. I have yet to build a new web page.

But anyway it comes with a neat "reference card" (aka "Bingo Card" or "Cheat
Sheet"). It is pretty good and I am sure all of us bright people could have
learned from it. I do not like kumquats and wouldn't devote a whole page to
them! :) This was recommended by a friend and she sent the book.

Have Fun,
Sends Steve