[techtalk] GUI's

Kelly Lynn Martin kelly at poverty.bloomington.in.us
Fri Oct 22 09:18:28 EST 1999

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:09:01 -0400, "Caitlyn Martin" <caitlyn at netferrets.net> said:

>I can't disagree with the latter statement, but it no longer applies
>to KDE.  When TrollTech changed the license, it met the Open Source
>definition, at least sufficiently to satisy, form what I've read,
>Eric Raymond and other leading figures in the Open Source movement.

I am, to be quite blunt, more qualified to render an opinion on the
compatibility of two licenses than ESR is.  Frankly, I think ESR is a
loon.  ESR's imprimateur means virtually nothing to me; I am going on
my personal evaluation of the licenses as I understand them.

Neither I nor ESR are lawyers, although I'm closer than he is.  For
legal advice, contact an attorney. :)

Kelly