[techtalk] Rising RAM Prices

Sio siozie at swcp.com
Wed Oct 20 11:46:27 EST 1999

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Just This Girl wrote:

> Perhaps it can be tied to the irrational seasonal phenomena of airline
> tickets doubling or more for flights near major holidays. (I fail to see
> how the same seat on the same plane going the same place costs an
> airline more at Christmas then it does in June.)

Two words: Supply and demand.

Also, I would wager they increase the number of flights going to various
areas, during the holidays, to accomodate the volume of travellers. Which
means more worktime for employees, or more employees, which means more
money needed to run the whole shebang.

     )\._.,--....,'``.		Full Riot Pussycat
fL `._.-(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'    Pussy Wrangler Extraordinaire