[techtalk] C++ or Is It GCC or is it g++?

MGreen mgreen at visionol.net
Sun Oct 17 09:16:00 EST 1999

I do finally have my c++ compiler working under Caldera.  Thanks
for the questions and help.  c++ (g++) was not available under the
default installation of Caldera 2.2.  When I did try to install using
kpackage, the tool reported that the following two dependencies were
not met: "=" and "2.9.0".  These don't look like other packages to me.
So, I installed with the "checking dependencies" flag turned off.  For
good measure I had uninstalled egcs and egcs-obj and reinstalled them
first.

The compiler did not work until I had done a reboot, which I'm surprised
I needed.  I'm a little concerned about what the missing dependencies
mean, but for now, I'm not going to worry about it.