[techtalk] To me it fast becomes a non-technicalissue...(COREL/GIMP/PHOTOSHOP etc.)

Caitlyn M. Martin caitlyn at netferrets.net
Sat Oct 16 10:05:49 EST 1999

> but Corel
> Draw! is a vector graphics program, and you can't obtain such functionality
> from bitmapped graphics. For example, if you need a logo, it is much better to
> draw it as vectors, because later you can scale it as you like without any
> quality loss. You can't do that kind of things without vector graphics.

But... for a simple vector graphics program that is open source and ree,
KIlliustrator is worth looking at  :)   Since CorelDRAW! for Linux doesn't exist
yet, that's what I'm using.

> except for xfig and the likes

Kir, wouldn't you agree that KIllustrator offers better functionality than xfig?
I know it's nowhere near CorelDRAW!, but it is better, IMHO.

Regards,
Caity