[techtalk] runlevels & distributions

Dakota Surmonde drachen at george.he.net
Thu Oct 14 22:53:31 EST 1999

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Beverly Guillermo wrote:

> I'm running Slackware and Redhat right now.  I've never heard
> of dreadrat?  It sounds interesting though..  Slackware does

<giggle> that would be red hat :) I like red hat, it's just more fun to be
an equal-opportunity-insulter :) I tend to use red hat because I know it,
and since I have a tendency to recompile everything anyway (right up to
and including the bin-utils, depending on my mood and what the box is
going to be doing) so I don't usually get too freaked out about the
occasional problem with it.

> can even write up your own runlevel setting. =)  You just
> have to write the appropriate startup scripts.  Cool. =}

see, I love that. infinetly tweakable everything...tweak tweak tweak

Vinnie
--
a safe place for all of the pieces that scatter
learn to pretend there's more than love that matters - e saliers