[techtalk] Question for the group

Steve Kudlak chromexa at ovis.net
Thu Oct 14 19:56:08 EST 1999

At 02:31 PM 10/14/99 -0400, Brian Engle wrote:
>http://www.ciac.org/ciac/CIACVirusDatabase.html
>
>UNIX			AT&T Attack virus
>UNIX              Ebola
>

>and as someone already stated, bliss for the linux platform, not sure if
>it's distribution dependent or kernel dependent, or even if it exists, but I
>have seen references to it, doubtful that it's really bad

(some stuff snipped)

This will be short. Ebola is a "punk thing". There are various sticker
groups, who have stickers that say: "Ebola from 1985 and still going
strong". I have seen this, and heard of it. The version I saw, and this was
a screen shoot that could have been hacked together, said was rather wild
and it just wrote "from root" "Ebola is here". This was at a "pink punk
party". It seemed more of a "giggle and have fun does nothing." I have
heard "legends" of it would send nasty email to someone easy to irritate.
There was a joke: "Well we could all of Steve's long winded letters and
throw them at [short a sweet messages only user]".

But Ebola has been sort of a punk symbol with various logos and messages.
Including things like "I survived the Challenger". Some of these people are
personal friends and didn't seem to be up to real nastiness. In fact many
lost interest in this and used computers for email and sticker making only.
SO it was symbolic only. Whether this Ebola is that Ebola I dunno, sounds
close. Somethhings were "nasty fun" plans that luckily never materialized.
Like I have heard tales of "poisoned email". Nothing I know for sure about
this.

						Have Fun,
						Sends Steve
(chromexa at ovis.net)