[techtalk] Question for the group

Henti Smith hentis at is.co.za
Thu Oct 14 19:50:17 EST 1999

Hi there Clare.

I'm not sure .. but this would prolly classify as my personal thought why
not ;P

Linux/Unix as such don't have "Viruses" in the windows sence .. maynely
becuase of the privalige system unix uses when it comes to running
applications .. and the way memory is used ..  one application cannot effect
another .. there for the classic way of spreading a virus cannot happen ..

Trojans on the other hand does accur .. but so does users that type "rm -rf"
in root as root ;P

the only example I have heard of theinthign similar .. is the internet worm
.. but as I understand that was something totally different

hope that helps :)

Henti

Viruses