[techtalk] For the not so techie Linux users

Kelly Lynn Martin kelly at poverty.bloomington.in.us
Thu Oct 14 10:24:38 EST 1999

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:13:19 +0100, kev <kevin.porter at fast.no> said:

>That's what windoze Help told me to do, but I don't have a
>'Resources' tab there. Help said it sometimes isn't there, but it
>didn't offer any alternative course of action.  Any other way I can
>find out?

If there's no "Resources" tab then the device you've selected is a
"virtual" device which doesn't really have any hardware directly
associated with it.  You'll have to poke around to find what the
"real" modem device is.  (This may mean you have a winmodem; I have no
experience with those disgusting things.)

Kelly