[techtalk] For the not so techie Linux users

kev kevin.porter at fast.no
Thu Oct 14 10:38:33 EST 1999

Norma Armstrong wrote:

> You're welcome. I hope this works out for you.

I tried the setserial -g command and it said IRQ 4. But I can't find out what
IRQ my modem is actually on! I don't want to mess about with IRQ levels unless
I know what I'm doing, I like my hardware smokeless :-)

Bearing in mind I have no manuals for my modem, how do I find out what IRQ my
modem is _actually_ on?

I've tried looking all over the place in Windows hoping that the modem's
configuration would be listed somewhere. I looked where Winblows Help said the
IRQ level should be listed, but it wasn't there (Help gave some obscure reason
why it might not be there).

- Kev