[techtalk] Netscape and Java

Stephan Zaniolo eaglefeather at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 13 18:53:57 EST 1999

	I'm not sure if this will help, but I had this same problem (GNOME, RH
6.0, Netscape 4.61).  After I installed the Blackdown 1.1.7 JDK (and put it
in my PATH), Netscape now works flawlessly with Java.  (Well, I haven't
noticed any problems yet, and I develop applets as well).

Hope this helps,
Stephan

PS - Sorry for the lack of a formal intro.  I've been lurking for a couple
of weeks (ever since the ZD-Net article).  My name is Stephan (Steven) and
I'm looking at graduating college this May with a BS in Computer
Engineering.  I live around Chicago, Illinois, USA.  I've been toying with
Linux for about a year, but two months ago I installed Linux as my primary
OS.  (This has been a real trip! :^)  If anyone looks closely, you'll
notice that this e-mail is done in Eudora on Win.  I'm running this in
VM-Ware (wonderful product!) because I haven't found an e-mail program for
Linux that I like yet.  (It's amazing how stable Windows actually is when
you only have one program running on it.) ;^)