[techtalk] Real audio player questions

Laurel Fan lf25+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 13 13:55:28 EST 1999

Excerpts from linuxchix: 13-Oct-99 [techtalk] Real audio playe.. by Greg
Mader at geoanalytics.
> I have downloaded and installed the latest real audio player  (5.0 ?)
> for my linux box.  I can get their stupid default url to play, and
> the player will start when I click on a *.ra link in netscape 4.7,
> but it won't start to play any sounds.

Just a guess, but does it need an argument?  For example, my helper
applications line for postscript files is "ghostview %s" (which tells it
to get the file and then call ghostscript with it as an argument).  If I
had just "ghostview" it would start ghostview without viewing the file.