[techtalk] upgrading to Netscape 4.7

Caitlyn Martin caitlyn at netferrets.net
Wed Oct 13 09:29:39 EST 1999

Hi, Joann,

> Thanks for the tips. I successfully uninstalled the netscape 4.6 rpm with
> kpackage. I could not locate any rpms for 4.7

It's no longer important for you, but they are at the
ftp://updates.redhat.com site in the 6.1 folder.  Netscape 4.7 is actually
the first "errata" update to Red Hat 6.1, since it fixes a security issue in
4.6.1.  The RPMs also work well on Red Hat 6.0.

> I feel
> like a million bucks after this!

Firsts always feel good, don't they?  Wait until you compile your first
program from source, then you'll really feel good  :)

> now, can I remove the install folder/files safely?

Yes!  Absolutely.

Take care,
Caity