[techtalk] upgrading to Netscape 4.7

Amanda Owens amowens at radonc.duke.edu
Wed Oct 13 09:25:14 EST 1999

Actually, if I remember correctly (and I recently installed NS 4.7 via
this method, and always upgrade NS from Netscape), all that should remain
is your downloaded tar file, and in a directory under the directory that
is in with a similar name, a ns-log file and something else, neither of
which takes up much space. There's no real reason to delete these - the
log file is a log of the install, and the other (looking at it now) is
the README.install file. These can be useful later. The rest of the
files that come out of the tarfile end up being moved to your
installation of Netscape. And, as is stated below, I usually keep the
downloaded file because it's such a pain to get it again.

Amanda Owens
Duke University Medical Center
Department of Radiation Oncology