[techtalk] Is there a Kill -8, too?

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Wed Oct 13 02:00:42 EST 1999

Laurel Fan wrote:

> Excerpts from linuxchix: 12-Oct-99 RE: [techtalk] Is there a K.. by
> Deanne at cyberus.ca
> > I'm just sitting here in awe, thinking about putting everything together
> > and binding it for later use.  It looks like Deb's book is on it's way, eh?
>
> It would be great if the book had this type of in depth how-it-works
> type stuff.  If not as the main text, then perhaps as a sidebar type
> thing.

I think the in-depth 'how this happens' definately belongs as sidebar text
- the 'optional extra reading'. The main text needs to be devoted to the
'just wanna drive the thing' users - but with the additional info for
'wanna drive it but also wanna know how it works' people.

We can't write a single book for both categories. But we can write a book
for 'just drivers' that has enough added extras for the 'backyard mechanics'
to get a basic idea, and to know where else to start looking. But without
making it clear that the extra stuff is optional, we'll freak out the
drivers.

My 2c.

Jenn V.
--
  Humans are the only species to feed and house entirely separate species
     for no reason other than the pleasure of their company. Why?

jenn at simegen.com        Jenn Vesperman        http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/