[techtalk] request for ideas

R Pickett emerson at hayseed.net
Tue Oct 12 14:00:00 EST 1999

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:

> On 10/12/99, 5:42:54 PM, Samantha Jo Moore wrote:
>
> > R Pickett may be stating what DOS is supposed to do.
> > Let's not start a fight, OK?
>
> You are right!
>
> Sometimes my reactions are a little bit naughty when it
> comes to discuss the DOS vs. Linux thing.
>
> I should have answered in a more polite way,
> next time i will better take care for my behavior!

And for my part, on a re-read, my reply did look a bit confrontational.
Sorry about that.  The general idiocy of using $20 cheapo floppy drives on
the PC/AT-style platforms, this deep into the '90's, makes me curse IBM in
my sleep.  But, floppies are becoming more and more irrelevant, so I'm
calming down as the years go on....

Sorry to have stirred up a small storm on my first day posting to the list.
I'll drop back to lurker mode, and hang my head in shame...  (*grin)

R Pickett                Look around you. This is what the world
emerson at hayseed.net      looks like at the end of the millenium.