[techtalk] mounting dos extended partitions

JoAnn Elliott welliot1 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Oct 12 12:08:06 EST 1999

Hi!

I have 2 hard drives on my system.
drive 1 is partitioned to C and E in windows.
drive 2 is D and also is where I put linux-mandrake 6.0.

now, I can mount my atapi zip, no problem, and my d drive where my dos files
are
(I have added lines to my fstab file, and have nice devices added to KDE
that actually work)

but I tried to enter /dev/hda2 to get to the partition "e" on my first hard
drive and when I do that I get the message that either too many are being
mounted, and then something asking me if what I was trying to actually do
was mount an extended partition. they are right, so, what do I have
incorrect?

thank-you,

hatchling Jo