[techtalk] request(<-was) Terminals/screen

Erin Clarke blue at web.net
Tue Oct 12 09:22:51 EST 1999

Vinnie Surmonde wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Wendt,Andrew wrote:
>
> > You may already know this, but you can use the right alt key to get twelve more
> > terminals. (Right-alt-f1 is terminal 13, etc...)
>
> point, but that's only 24
>
> (I will say that the major use of X for me is to keep my 40 billion [okay,
> closer to 30-40 depending on what I'm up to and how long the machine has
> been up ;) ] windows sorted :) )

Though it may not be conducive to your sense of order, Vinnie [=^J, I'm
quite fond of using 'screen' to expand the number of terminal sessions I
have in use, though I've yet to have 40 (in any combination of terminal
and screen sessions) open at once! I prefer fewer actual windows open
(or no windows but fewer Alt+F# terminals), yet each one has several
screen sessions running (^A+N|P to scroll through screens is easier to
type than Alt+F#).

Erin  8)

--
Erin Clarke <blue at web.net>