[techtalk] Re: [grrltalk] request for ideas

Lee-Anne Hodgson lee-anne at cableregina.com
Sat Oct 9 20:48:52 EST 1999

On Sat, 09 Oct 1999, Deb Richardson wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm thinking about writing a "New User's Guide to Linux" (to be released
> under an appropriate open-content license, of course :).

Great idea

> I'm hacking together an outline for it at the moment, and I would like
> to know what you think such a Guide should include.  Input from users of
> all experience levels would be appreciated.  When you started with
> Linux, what stumbling blocks did you encounter?

JUst getting around the command line was challenging. It was much easier when I
learned a little bit about pipes.

> What did you find most  difficult to figure
out?  Is there anything that new users need to > know/should know that other
docs don't address very well? >
> All suggestions, comments, ideas are appreciated.
>
> If anyone is interested in contributing to such a Guide, let me know.
> It will end up being a huge project, and if I try to do it all by
> myself, it will take ages to complete.  :)  I'll release a draft outline
> in the nearish future.
>
> - deb
>
> --
> deb at thepuffingroup.com
> deb at linuxchix.org

> grrltalk at linuxchix.org   http://www.linuxchix.org

Linux - Your mission should you choose to accept it is to make it a safe
place for open source to smile.