[techtalk] request for ideas

Kelly Lynn Martin kelly at poverty.bloomington.in.us
Sat Oct 9 16:49:41 EST 1999

On Sat, 09 Oct 1999 13:47:39 -0400, Deb Richardson <deb at thepuffingroup.com> said:

>I'm hacking together an outline for it at the moment, and I would
>like to know what you think such a Guide should include.  Input from
>users of all experience levels would be appreciated.  When you
>started with Linux, what stumbling blocks did you encounter?  What
>did you find most difficult to figure out?  Is there anything that
>new users need to know/should know that other docs don't address very
>well?

>All suggestions, comments, ideas are appreciated.

It's been a long time since I was a new Linux user, and I was a
previous Unix user at that point, but I'll try to remember what
problems I had (I do remember struggling endlessly with LILO to get it
to recognize my hard drive, but I think that's no longer a
problem...).

I'd be glad to help to the extent that I can.

Kelly