[techtalk] Network cards supported by RH 6.0 & 6.1

Amos Hayes ahayes at polkaroo.net
Fri Oct 8 15:28:59 EST 1999

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Deanne wrote:

> I'm wondering if there's any chance that I can use my cheapo AOpen NIC
> (ALN-101) with RH 6.0 or 6.1.  If not, any other suggestions for
> inexpensive cards that will work?  I need to pick up a hard drive as it is,
> and would rather not add to my debts more than necessary.

The AOpen ALN-101 is NE2000 compatible. It will work fine. But you will
probably need to know what irq and memory address it uses in case the
install doesn't find it when it "autoprobes". If that happens, you'll have
to "specify options" and put in something like "io=0x340,irq=10".
(obviously, replace with the right values for your card)

--
Amos Hayes
ahayes at polkaroo.net
http://polkaroo.net/~ahayes