[techtalk] problem

Di Gregory di at sleepy.giant.net
Wed Oct 6 08:32:24 EST 1999

Well rebooting is the first thing you do to try to fix a windoz machine
:)  It was doing it even when it was going through the memory test.  I
unplugged teh keyboard and when windoz came up, it didn't do it, so it
appears to be a problem with the keyboard.

> Sounds like one or more keys is jammed causing major key repeat!

SOmething like that, but they don't look jammed...

> Turn your PC off, disconnect the keyboard and have a good look at
> the keys, testing them out, etc...it may be a good time to clean your

Already did that, it looks normal to me.

> (Are you sure something sticky is not on your keyboard...I've spilled on
> my keyboard in the past and paid big time in strange system FX! ;-) )

Well since it happened when the cat jumped up on the keyboard, I don't
think anything was spilled on it.

At least keyboards are cheap *sigh*

Dianna