[techtalk] StarOffice and Gnome installation issues

Nils Philippsen nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de
Mon Nov 15 23:56:06 EST 1999

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, MGreen wrote:

> I seem to recall that Linux cannot use swap over 128MB.  Anything over
> this is a waste.  Can someone back me up?

With old kernels (<= 2.0.x), one swap partition couldn't be greater than
128MB, but with newer ones this limitation has vanished (I don't know what
the current limit is, if any). Even with old kernels it was possible to
use multiple swap partitions.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen / Vogelsangstrasse 115 / D-70197 Stuttgart / +49.711.6599405
nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de / nils at fht-esslingen.de / nils at redhat.de