[techtalk] resolution

Renata renie at renie.super.lt
Sat Nov 13 11:13:32 EST 1999

On Sat, Nov 13, 1999 at 08:15:59AM , Darren Osadchuk wrote:

> My lingering question is: how do you get rid of the virtual desktop? I was
> able to remove it for the 1024x768 resolution by removing any reference in
> XF86Config to higher resolutions. But there's still a (1024x768) virtual
> desktop if I switch to 800x600.

	Hi!  By the chance, have you done a recent upgrade of your distribution or anything like that?  The same thing has happended to me few days ago, when I edited the /etc/X11/XF86Config file by removing all references to 1024x768 resolution, however it has changed nothing, till later I discovered that after upgrade the XF86Config file was in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config (and /etc/X11/XF86Config), and I had to edit _that_ file.

	Good luck,
		Renata