[techtalk] dual boot NT/linux

Cathy James cjames at opensite.com
Tue Nov 9 08:33:04 EST 1999

>I haven't found a reliable way of getting NT to boot using
>lilo without bootpart (keeping in mind that I only have one
>hard drive to work with, so they are sharing, and a number
>of my installs have been NT/Linux/Win...

	Well, I had a triple-boot system back in 1993,
consisting of Win 3.1/NT 3.1/Linux.  To do that, I had
to do a double-double boot.  LILO chose between Linux
and Windows, and then (if Windows was selected) the
Windows boot manager chose between 3.1 and NT.  I haven't
used NT on a double-boot system for years, though, and
have never tried it with 3.51 or later.

	--Cathy