[techtalk] pppd problems, redhat 6.0

TheCoder coderman at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 7 05:11:11 EST 1999

I missed the first thread of this problem so I apologize if I repeat something
already covered.

You may want to try turning the debuging output on for the dial up process by
editing
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 and changing the line: 'DEBUG=' to
'DEBUG=yes'
Then when you bring up the interface you can run a 'tail -f /var/log/messages' to
see what process chat, pppd, etc and why...