[techtalk] pppd problems, redhat 6.0

Lighthouse Keeper in the Desert Sun ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Sat Nov 6 17:43:42 EST 1999

Um, we got the last bit figured out.. however, we still can't get it to
connect:  the modem initialization strings never receive an OK.  So it
waits 30 seconds, then fails.  We know this is really weird.  (And when I
use kppp, the string ATZ receives an OK, and in minicom, some long AT
string gets OK too.  It doesn't make any sense...

Ben suggests it may not even be reaching the modem.  Other programs do
reach it, so there probably isn't some glaring configuration error...
it's the ones that aren't obvious that get you...

Conni
starting to think she's getting in over her head

--
We are the Burgh.  Youns need assimilated.
			-John Moseman

http://www.one-eyed-alien.net/~ccovingt

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Gulf/5817/