[techtalk] X emulator for X?

Nils Philippsen nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de
Tue Dec 28 02:45:40 EST 1999

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Sunnanvind wrote:

> > Maybe you use an Xnest from a different version or a differently packages
> > one (e.g. searching for XF86Config in /etc instead of /etc/X11 or vice
> > versa).
>
> Yes, probably... didn't have Xnest on my comp, but I installed it from
> the cd I installed RH from.

Hmm, what does `rpm -q XFree86 XFree86-Xnest` give? You could also run
strace on Xnest:

strace -o strace.out Xnest -geometry 640x480 :1

(the output will be in the file strace.out)

But don't post the strace output directly to the list, it'll be quite
huge.

Nils
--
 Nils Philippsen / Berliner Straße 39 / D-71229 Leonberg // +49.7152.209647
nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de / nils at fht-esslingen.de / nils at redhat.de