[techtalk] Converting PMMail files to Maildir or mbox format

Subba Rao subb3 at attglobal.net
Tue Dec 21 10:12:32 EST 1999

I am in the process of moving my mail from a OS/2 box. The mail client
here is PMMail. Each email is stored in a seperate file, like in Maildir.
I have moved these files to linux, but cannot read them using Mutt to
convert them to Maildir named files. The PMMail files are named in 7.3 format,
which is like ABCXYZ1.MSG

When I issue the command,

$ file *.MSG

I get the following output

FKBOL40.MSG: RFC 822 mail text
FKOE9A0.MSG: RFC 822 mail text
FKQ6D20.MSG: RFC 822 mail text
FKU7OB0.MSG: RFC 822 mail text
FKVW7B0.MSG: ASCII text
FKXO320.MSG: RFC 822 mail text
FKXO370.MSG: RFC 822 mail text

How do you convert these files into mbox or Maildir format? I want to be able
to read these messages using Mutt MUA.

Thank you in advance.

Subba Rao
subb3 at attglobal.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com