[techtalk] Fax via linux???

Nils Philippsen nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de
Mon Dec 20 01:20:29 EST 1999

Hi Theresa,

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Theresa Radke wrote:

> I've not been able to find any software that would enable me to use my
> pc as a fax, am I missing something??  Or is this out of the question
> in linux.

As long as you have an analog modem w/ faxing capabilities, you can use
efax (simple, minimalist, shipped with e.g. Red Hat Linux) or HylaFAX
(multi-user, multi-modem, a pain to setup :-), http://www.hylafax.org).

Nils
--
 Nils Philippsen / Berliner Straße 39 / D-71229 Leonberg // +49.7152.209647
nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de / nils at fht-esslingen.de / nils at redhat.de