[techtalk] Pine Usage

Lighthouse Keeper in the Desert Sun ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Thu Dec 16 11:12:01 EST 1999

On Dec 16, Tech Docs conjectured:

> Friends... let me be very specific about my pine problem. On the machine
> things work fine and perfect. When I give a telnet and then use Pine it says
> ansi not set and Pine cannot run. I checked my Telnet mode and I do not find
> anything unusual. What could be the problem? How do I use Pine in this
> situation?

try 'echo $TERM' to see what your terminal setting is.
then try 'export $TERM=vt100' to set it to vt100.
If that doesn't work, try another telnet program or contact your provider.
Or use ssh.  (A decent windows ssh app is 'secure crt.'  I don't remember
where to find it, and I don't know if this is something you need.  Just
giving information.)  Not that ssh will fix the problem; I just advocate
it when possible :)

Conni

--
Hey kids, let's go to Chernobyl!