[techtalk] POP mail

Jenn V. jenn at simegen.com
Thu Dec 16 11:51:27 EST 1999

Di Gregory wrote:

> For our corporate email, we use Iplanet webtop and have a java or HTML
> client that you use through a browser.  It's all IMAP, and works fine.
> I'd like to use a "real" client though with my personal email.  Pine is
> great, but doesn't work very well with editing the text, and doesn't have
> nifty features like calendar, extended address book, or linking with
> Palm.  And I'm constantly yelling at people for sending me HTML messages.

You do know that most of the popular mail clients (Netscape etc)
also accept IMAP connections? The mail client you want to use
/probably/ has an IMAP option - it sounds like this might solve
your problem.

How do you have your POP connection configured? Have you got
your incoming and outgoing mail server BOTH set to the remote
machine you want to get the mail from?
Does your home domain match that? How about your home email
address?

Jenn V.
--
  "We're repairing the coolant loop of a nuclear fusion reactor.
   This is women's work!"

Jenn Vesperman    jenn at simegen.com     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn