[techtalk] winmodem sound driver

J B griffin2020 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 14 21:46:50 EST 1999

Ran a Lucent Winmodem on my Windoze system at home.  Did not noticeably
slowdown my system (PIII/500, 292MB)...but when I fried that modem and
replaced with a USR hardware modem (old 56K, NOT V.90), I noticed that my
connection speeds increased, and I have had less problems with some of my
toys online.  I have not gotten around to connecting a Linux machine to the
net.....but from what a friend of mine who uses the same winmodem that I
had, if you have a fast enough machine, it is no big deal...Linux makes up
for most of M$'s shortcomings....