[techtalk] IRQ

Tech Docs newsbite at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 21:19:50 EST 1999

Hello,

I am a new user to Linux. How do I custmomize the IRQ settings on Linux. I
am running Linux on my IBM I Series 1400 Laptop with Pentium 300 and 128 MB
RAM.

I have USB (webcam connected to this), two serial ports, port entender, one
external PS2 mouse support, sound card Yamaha. I seem to have some problem
with sound card. When I invoke sound, the machine hangs giving the message
IO port 270 in use and then crashes. The only  thing I can do is to do a
cold boot. Any clues?

Sriram