[techtalk] bizarre....

Jenn V. jenn at simegen.com
Mon Dec 13 18:42:12 EST 1999

wizard111 at netzero.net wrote:

> Sounds like SOMEONE got into your system.

> > Okay, so today I was using my ppp connection for several hours, then we
> > went to watch Sunday night Fox and came back.  I have the command to dial
> > aliased to include tail -f /var/log/messages.  I told it to dial, and it
> > said "tail: no such file /var/log/messages."

Except that it looks like the problem occured while she was
offline.

Oh, I admit that it's possible that someone set things up while
she was online to crash when she next dialled, but that's really
strange behaviour to find as the result of a hack.

Jenn V.
--
  "We're repairing the coolant loop of a nuclear fusion reactor.
   This is women's work!"

Jenn Vesperman    jenn at simegen.com     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn