[techtalk] file transfer question

Emily Cartier cartieel at flyernet.udayton.edu
Tue Dec 7 11:03:05 EST 1999

On Mon,  6 Dec 1999 13:20:09 -0500 (EST)
Laurel Fan <lf25+ at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> Looks like you want to show the updates to both Linux machines, correct?

Ideally yes, cause XFree86 is rather out of date with respect to at
least one of the video cards, and probably both. And Machine B is the
one with the video card that *really* needs an updated XFree86.

> You'd have to wait like 5 days to get it.  What kind of bandwith is that?

It's the kind where you already have the data backed up *g*.

> Oooh :) Don't meet too many people who want to learn about the guts
> these days.. I'd recommend doing 1, 2, and 3, and if you get frustrated
> with 3, doing 1 and 2.

Thanks for the where to look references :) You've saved me ages of
looking for the right HOWTO.

Emily