[prog] replacement strings

Miriam English mim at miriam-english.org
Mon May 24 09:44:00 UTC 2010

Sorry, I didn't answer your comment. I agree with you about macros. They
are pretty-much essential to a good editor. I have learned to get
TextPad's macro facility to do truly wonderful things. However one thing
which makes programs like vi and dme (my preferred text editor on the
Amiga) much more useful than TextPad is that the macros are in plain
text. Dme is amazing in that its macros can alter their actions based on
the text they are operating on -- they can have queries and branching
instructions based on current position, current character, and other
cool things. I tried recompiling it for Linux, but it is too tied to the
Amiga. [sigh]

	- Miriam

--
If you don't have any failures then you're not trying hard enough.
  - Dr. Charles Elachi, director of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory