[prog] Java and Linux

Liz Burke-Scovill fiddledragon at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 03:09:40 UTC 2008

*nod* I would have to agree on Ubuntu vs RH's java packaging.

For all that I've had zero problems on my *buntu boxes, I've had some
difficulties on my RH based boxes ... and it seems to do with how java (sun
sdk in both cases) had been packaged and installed on the RH based system.

Perhaps it's simply my relative unfamiliarity with how that particular
distro lays things out, but I don't entirely think so. But that's not going
to stop me from looking into it. I just need the time ;)

Liz