[prog] Possible closure of this mailing list

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Mon Jun 4 04:13:56 UTC 2007

Mary Gardiner wrote:
> Hi mailing list members,
>
> This list seems under-used for a technical list. It had a total of 114
> messages posted in 2006, and so far has had 13 in 2007. This is much
> much lower than techtalk, where programming is also on topic. techtalk
> has about 700 or 800 messages a year.

I actually like this list being programming only.  I unsubscribed to techtalk a
while back because there was so much mail and almost all of it was uninteresting
to me.  I'm just not that interested in sys-admin questions and answers.  On the
other hand, the questions and answers about programming on this list have always
interested me.

I do understand your reasons for considering closing it however, and don't have
any particularly strong objections; I just wanted to state my views.

All the best,

	Jacinta

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |