[prog] changing java's standard useragent

henna hennar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 13:56:14 UTC 2006

eep,

does anybody on this list have experience getting webpages from within
a java program? I'm trying to change java's standard useragent but
can't seem to figure out where to do it.

URL adminURL = new URL(someURL);
URLConnection urlconn = adminURL.openConnection();
BufferedInputStream adminbuf = new
BufferedInputStream(urlconn.getInputStream());

any hints on how to change it, or libraries which allow you to change
would be greatly appreciated :)

thx
henna
--
"Maybe you knew early on that your track went from point A to B, but
unlike you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa, "Chasing Amy"