[prog] Perl DBD-ODBC remote server

Conor Daly conor.daly-linuxchix at cod.homelinux.org
Thu Jan 26 21:40:25 EST 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 09:20:10PM -0800 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
Meryll Larkin thought:
> 1/21/06
>
> The Accounting Database is Informix.  I've already written a Perl-CGI
> test-program that accesses the Database (using DBI and DBD::Informix) and
> spits out data from a SQL query in HTML format, so my work should be done,
> right?
>
> Well, no such luck.  The Accounting database and the Intranet live on two
> different Servers (both 'nix) on the same LAN, different static IPs,
> different hostnames (I've got them, I'm the Sys Admin as well as test
> programmer).

Does informix provide a network client?  Our Ingres setup uses a client
setup on the web-server which talks to the remote database.  The php
scripts address the local ingres client which knows how to access the
remote database so the php stuff doesn't need to know where the database
resides...

Conor
--
Conor Daly <conor.daly at cod.homelinux.org>