[prog] Basic Ruby question - creating apps without shell access

April april at farstrider.org
Fri Apr 7 04:09:02 EST 2006

This seems like an easy question, but I'm having a depressingly hard
time finding the answer.  I think I just don't know the right words for it.

My webhost does not give me shell access.  I would like to create a new
ruby on rails web app.  All of my tutorials say to type "rails
appname"... My webhost says they have ruby on rails on the server... but
how do I use it?

I'm trying to ask them too, but I'm pretty sure they'll respond that
they don't offer support for this type of thing.  I've combed through
their control panel (directadmin) and am finding nothing there either.