[prog] ] Re: mysqldump and duplicate column names

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Wed Sep 21 07:18:01 EST 2005

Yep, you got it, that's exactly the problem.  Do the other tables use
that syntax too?  If so, it seems likely that the difference in version
is the issue - MySQL may have changed its syntax between 3.x and 4.x (i
forget the exact versions you mentioned).  If just one table is doing
it, that is a mysterious problem that I don't have any ideas about :(

It seems you need to make this dump & restore more than just once?  If
the MySQL documentation & Google (& other Chix) don't have an answer,
and the schema isn't constantly changing, I might consider hacking a
Perl or Python script into the process to check for & remove the
duplicate field.  Ugly, but it might work...

Sorry not to be of more help!

Rachel