[prog] JavaScript question: submitting a form to a new Window in IE 5.5

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Fri Oct 7 14:10:22 EST 2005

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005, Almut Behrens wrote:
> If this works, the problem with the attempts so far might be that the
> window.open() returns prematurely, i.e. before the window is fully
> usable.  In this case, executing submit immediately afterwards might
> still not find its target 'foo' (as intended), and thus open another
> window...

Re race conditions, note that I've tried doing
"window.open(...); window.setTimeout('document.formName.submit();',
10000);", ie set a 10 second wait on this so that the window definitely
absolutely completely surely exists at submit time. It didn't help. Will
get back on your suggestions in a moment.

-Mary