[prog] FORTRAN read with dos carriage returns

Conor Daly c.daly at met.ie
Wed Oct 5 20:34:18 EST 2005

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 05:11:56PM +-0000 or thereabouts, Conor Daly wrote:
> discover that a read() statement is barfing when there is a +AFw-r+AFw-n at the end of
> the line instead of a +AFw-n.  The assumption is that the +AFw-r somehow sends the
> read statement back to the beginning of the string and the next thing read
> is an end of line so the string ends up empty.

So, it turns out that the string is not empty.  It's only at a printout
stage when the '+AFw-r' sends the cursor back to the beginning of the line and
then the '+AFw-n' causes a linefeed, the line that was printed gets blanked.
The next stage of the program which analyses sub-strings from the main line
string works fine...

Conor
--
Conor Daly,                   Please avoid sending me
Met Eireann, Glasnevin Hill,  Word or PowerPoint attachments.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.
This e-mail message has also been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

T+AOE an r+AO0-omhphost seo, agus aon chomhad at+AOE nasctha leis, faoi r+APo-n agus is don t+AOk a seoladh chuige amh+AOE-in +AOk. M+AOE tharla go bhfuair t+APo an r+AO0-omhphost seo tr+AO0 dhearmad cuir in i+APo-l don t+AOk a sheol +AOk led+IBk thoil.

T+AOE an teachtaireacht r+AO0-omhphoist seo scuabtha le bogearra+AO0 frithv+AO0-reas.