[prog] error: "reference 'main' can not be resolved"

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Tue Nov 8 22:06:10 EST 2005

I get messages like that in Java if there is no parameters listed for
the main program. (I know you are talking about C here). What is causing
the error for you? My supposition is that the error is produced in the
compiler before it reaches the linker-loader, but this is just my guess.
You could test this by using the -S flag that Mary mentioned and seeing
if you still get the error.

sue