[prog] NPTL and RedHat 9

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Tue May 10 17:25:16 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have a question about Native POSIX Threading Library and RedHat 9.
I know that NPTL was backported to RedHat 9, so it's not the native
threading library.  But I want to use it.  When I do

	ldd /bin/bash

I see the /lib/tls/libc.so is being used when I boot into the default
kernel 2.4.20-8.  But when I build my own custom kernel 2.4.30 (using the
same .config file) build, the same command indicates that /lib/libc.so is
being used.  Anyone know why the dynamic linker decides to use the
non-NPTL library with my own kernel build?  Is there something I can do to
get the dynamic linker to use the /lib/tls libraries again?

Thanks for any help.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org