[prog] XSL and i18n

Almut Behrens almut-behrens at gmx.net
Wed Mar 23 07:47:23 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 12:30:25PM +0000, Dan wrote:
> I've searched the web and have found lots of information on XSL and lots
> of information on internationalisation, but nothing about
> internationalisation with XSL. Does anyone have any experience with this
> or know of any tools?

I'm certainly not an expert for i18n with XSL, so I'm probably not
of much help here.  However, I don't know for sure, unless I have a
clearer picture of what you're planning to do -- I do have some
rudimentary experiences...
Possible issues range from simply getting non-ASCII characters to
work in XSL (probably not what you mean), to deploying whatever XSL
transformation frameworks there might exist for handling multi-language
documents, websites, message catalogs, etc...
Could you elaborate a little on what exactly you have in mind?
(In case I should go all quiet after that, you can safely assume I have
no idea... ;)

Almut