[prog] Writting a program to automatically fetch webpages, and fill in forms.

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Mon Mar 21 11:26:21 EST 2005

I want to write a program (an Expert System) that includes the
functionality of going to web pages, using specialty search engines on
their databases, fill in forms, receive the results.  I want to do this
without displaying anything mostly, but with further action of the
expert system based on the results.

I have so far failed to find any information on how to do this, although
there are lots of "form fillers" available, so presumably its quite
possible.

Do you have any ideas on how to do this, or know of any information on
this (web links or books etc)?  WHat do I need to consider?

thanks

sue